Membership Terms of Service (“Terms”)
General Terms of Service
Welcome to the GLA Pharma website. This website is owned by, and its content is published by GLA Pharma ("GLA").
In these Terms of Service, "we", "us" or "our" means GLA and includes directors, employees and agents; and "you" or "your" means the person who accepts these Terms of Service, by using the Members' Area of this website.
Use of the Members' Area
Subject to your acceptance to be bound by any additional or other terms and conditions applicable to all or part of the GLA Pharma website, GLA Pharma authorises you to access and use the Members' Area for your personal and professional use in New Zealand in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The information in the Members' Area is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as professional legal or veterinary advice nor is it intended to be a substitute therefore.
You should not use any information contained in the Members' Area as a substitute for consultation with legal professionals. You should not act or abstain from acting based upon information obtained from the Members' Area without first consulting appropriate veterinary professionals.
The Members' Area contains learning resources of a general nature that are presented for educational purposes for use by veterinary professionals. The information contained within such learning materials is for informational purposes only; it is not professional legal or veterinary advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute therefore.
When you become a GLA Pharma member (“Member”), you will be required to enter a unique User ID and Password that will give you access to the members-only area.
Your User ID and Password are for your personal use only.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and Password and are responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and Password.
Password reset requests will automatically be sent to the email address stored on file.
GLA Pharma is under no obligation to confirm the actual identity or authority of any party successfully requesting a password reset and using the members-only area under your User ID and Password. You agree to notify GLA Pharma immediately of any unauthorised use of your User ID or Password or any other breach of security.
GLA Pharma will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your User ID or your Password.
First-time users will be asked to create a new password right away. You agree that you will comply with the password selection guidelines as may be issued from time to time by GLA Pharma and that you shall change your password as prompted by the Website to reduce the potential for unauthorised use.
Users who forget their password can reset it through via the password reset link on the sign-in page. They will be prompted to enter their User ID and will receive a password reset link.
You agree that, by accessing the members-only area using your User ID and Password, GLA Pharma may use your User ID and Password as the means to authenticate your identity for the purposes of accessing the members-only area.
If you are a Member, GLA Pharma authorises you to access and use the members-only area in relation to your professional practice in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a personal limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, view and use the members-only area and the Content in relation to your professional practice.
You are granted the right to download, store and/or print copies of items comprising the Content for use in your professional practice, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content.
You must also abide by any additional requirements governing the use of any specific Content that may be set out in the members-only area.
In the event of a conflict between the terms of a specific license governing specific Content and this Agreement, the terms of the specific license shall apply.
The information contained in the members-only area is provided for the purposes of general advice, information and education for use in New Zealand. It is not intended to be a substitute for direct consultation with legal professionals with regard to specific veterinary issues.
Modification to the Members' Area
GLA Pharma reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Members' Area (or any part thereof) with or without written notice. You agree that the GLA Pharma shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modifications, suspension or discontinuance of the Members' Area or any part thereof.
Unauthorised use of the Members' Area
Unauthorised attempts to defeat or circumvent security features, to use the website system for other than intended purposes, to deny service to authorised users, to access, obtain, alter, damage, or destroy information, or otherwise to interfere with the system or its operation are not permitted. Evidence of such acts may also be disclosed to law enforcement authorities and result in criminal prosecution under the laws of New Zealand or such other jurisdictions as may apply.
GLA Pharma may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your right to use the Members' Area of the website at any time without notice.
GLA Pharma shall not be liable to you or any other party for such termination or suspension.
General Competition Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- These Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules apply to all GLA Pharma competitions. GLA Pharma reserves the right to end any competition or amend the rules at any time.
- When you enter into the promotion you accept these Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules.
- This Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”, being individuals who are (i) are residents of New Zealand and (ii) are Members of GLA Pharma (iii) are not employees or agents of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any agencies associated with the Promotion; and (iv) are not a spouse, defacto partner, parent, child or close family member of a GLA Pharma employee or agent; and (v) are not otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion.
- One entry per competition per Member is allowed. Subsequent entries from the same person will be discarded.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- GLA Pharma disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, loss of mail, acts of God or otherwise.
- Where prizes are provided by a third party, GLA Pharma is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of the prizes.
- By participating in any competition, all entrants grant GLA Pharma exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs in connection with promotion of this and other related contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- All personal details provided to participate in these promotions will be held by GLA Pharma for the purpose of this promotion and entries may be used by us for future promotional and marketing purposes, unless otherwise advised by entrants.
- GLA Pharma reserves the right to refuse any prize to a person who is reasonably considered to have breached any of the competition terms, or gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means.
- If a purchase is necessary to win, this will be made clear.
- By completing an entry online, the participant agrees to be bound by our website general Disclaimer. In the event of conflict between these Competition Terms and Conditions and the website Standard Terms and Conditions of Use, the specific Competition Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- GLA Pharma reserves the right to discontinue a promotion or competition at any stage.
- The Promoter is GLA Pharma.
- All prizes must be claimed within 60 days of winning.
- We will do our best to notify the winners of time remaining – it is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
- In the event a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any claims to the prize, which can then be awarded to a runner-up at our discretion.
- We may dispose of any unclaimed prize at the end of 60 days.
- If the specified prize is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances we may substitute another prize of similar or equal value.
- GLA Pharma is not responsible for misuse of a claimed prize or for the performance of goods or services provided by any third party.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. Only the person who originally entered the promotion can be awarded the prize. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on another person’s behalf.
- Unless otherwise stated winners will be picked at random. All entries will be collated, and winner(s) picked at random.
- Winners will be contacted by phone, email or applicable social media. If we are unable to contact the winner (using contact details provided on the entry form) after trying several times over a 24 hour period, we may pick another winner.