Pyohex® Medicated Shampoo
Approved for use with Dogs.
Pyohex® Medicated Shampoo is an aid in the treatment of superficial dermatitis associated with infections by Staphylococcus intermedius in dogs.
See also: Pyohex® Medicated Conditioner
Fequently Asked Questions
Underlying causes of secondary bacterial dermatitis can include:
- Allergy – environmental allergens such as tree pollens and weeds, food allergy, flea allergy.
- Hormonal or endocrine diseases.
- Parasitic infestations such as fleas, mites or lice.
If you are concerned your pet may have a skin infection, please visit your local veterinarian for a consultation. Diagnostic tests, such as cytology, will be necessary to determine which micro-organisms are present. This is essential in determining the best treatment and product for your dog.
Pyohex® Medicated Conditioner prolongs the antibacterial action of the chlorhexidine gluconate contained in Pyohex® Medicated Shampoo and Malaseb® Medicated Shampoo. In addition to this, Pyohex® Medicated Conditioner helps to replenish moisture on the skin after bathing.
How to use
Directions for use:
- Thoroughly wet the dog with clean water.
- Use approximately 1mL of Pyohex® Medicated Shampoo per kg weight of dog.
- Apply Pyohex® Medicated Shampoo at various points on the dog.
- Massage into a lather. A sponge may assist lathering and penetration of the shampoo into the coat.
- Leave in contact with the skin for 10 minutes – during this time pets must be supervised to ensure that ingestion or inhalation of the product does not occur.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and towel dry.
How to use the conditioner:
- Place a small amount of Pyohex® Medicated Conditioner into the palm of the hand, spread evenly over hands then gently massage into the coat. Do not rinse off.
- Use with caution around eyes. If shampoo enters animal’s eye, flush thoroughly with clean water. Seek veterinary advice if eye changes are observed.
- Pets should not be left unattended during the standing process as licking or inhaling shampoo foam may result in irritation of the gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts.
- Antibiotic therapy is recommended for the initial control of infection or where deep pyodermas exist.
Read label instructions carefully prior to use.
Contact us about this product
Call us on 0800 337 622
Or by email below: