Approved for use with Dogs.
Otoflush® is a neutral buffered pre-treatment ear flush solution formulated to clean the ear canal of wax and exudate, reduce microbial numbers and as a pre-treatment to improve the penetration of prescribed ear medication in dogs.
For use by or under the supervision of a registered veterinarian.
NEW 250ml SIZE AVAILABLE!
Fequently Asked Questions
Normally dogs have low numbers of resident bacteria and yeast on their skin (including ears). Any factor which alters the normal environment in the dog’s ear can trigger the natural residents to proliferate and result in an infection.
Some common underlying factors that may contribute to otitis externa include:
- Allergies (environmental allergies, food allergies, contact allergies)
- Endocrine diseases
- Ectoparasites (ear and skin mites)
- Foreign bodies (grass seeds)
- Keratinisation disorders (diseases of the skin lining the ear canal)
- Masses within the ear (polyps, cysts, tumours)
If you are concerned your pet may have an ear infection, please visit your local veterinarian for a consultation. Diagnostic tests will be necessary to determine which factors are contributing to the disease. This is essential in determining the best treatment and product for your dog.
How to use
Dosage and administration:
- Remove the cap of the flush nozzle.
- Insert the nozzle just into the ear canal opening and squeeze to fill the ear canal (approx 0.5mL for small breeds or 1.5mL for larger breeds).
- Gently massage the ear then allow the dog to shake its head to remove debris and excess Otoflush® liquid from the ear.
- Repeat this process until the Otoflush® liquid coming out of the ear is clean.
- Wipe off any debris and excess liquid from the ear and ear opening.
- Remove any adherent ear exudate from the flush nozzle before replacing the cap.
- For routine ear cleaning repeat this procedure once weekly only.
- For use in conjunction with an antibiotic ear treatment, use as directed by your veterinarian.
- In the presence of an active infection, Dermcare Otoflush® must be used in conjunction with an antibiotic treatment.
- May be used under the direction of a registered veterinarian in cases of Canine Otitis Externa where the ear drum is ruptured.
- Where possible determine ear drum status prior to use, and appropriately treat for Otitis Media if required. Monitor response to treatment via clinical examination, otoscopy and cytology regularly.
Read label instructions carefully prior to use.
Contact us about this product
Call us on 0800 337 622
Or by email below: